When people refer to Catholics today, they usually mean Roman Catholics. But there are many Independent Catholic Churches with bishops consecrated in valid lines of apostolic succession. The American National Catholic Church (ANCC) is one of them.
Holy Spirit is committed to the rich tradition of universal Catholicism.
- We are radically Christ-centered and radically open to the guidance of the Holy Spirit
- We affirm the Nicene and Apostles Creeds
- We affirm that Holy Scripture is inspired (“God-breathed,” 2 Tim 3:16) but not inerrant
- We affirm the complementarity of reason and faith
- We affirm the Real Presence in the Eucharist
- We affirm that God’s love is extended without reservation to all creation and that we are called, as individuals and as members of a faith community, to be exemplars of that love
Parish Mission Statement
As a parish of the American National Catholic Church, Holy Spirit aims to embody the zeal of the early Christian community in ways relevant to 21st century seekers. With open hearts and minds, and in the spirit of Christ’s inclusive compassion, we strive to cooperate in the building of God’s kingdom by making disciples of all and transforming the world with love and peace.